Q: How do I connect my devices to the PKS0402A20?
A: There are eight DP cables and four USB-A to USB-B cables in the product packaging. When connecting your devices to KVM, each computer should be connected to KVM using two DP cables and one USB-A to USB-B cable cable. Each monitor should be connected to KVM using a DP cable.
Q: How many display modes are available for PKS0402A20?
A: The PKS0402A20 KVM offers 2 display modes. You can choose to implement 2-screen extended display or duplicate display or display different PCs on 2 monitors.
Display Mode 1: Display the same PC:
Display Mode 2: Display the different PCs:
Q: How should I connect my keyboard and mouse?
A: Inside the package, you will find four USB-A to USB-B cables. The USB-A to USB-B cable is connected to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM, which enables the keyboard and mouse to control computers normally. Simply connect the USB A end of the cables to their respective computers and insert the USB B end into the KVM. Then, you can connect your mouse and keyboard to the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM.
Q: Does PKS0402A20 support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?
A: This model does not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and all our KVMs do not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but they all support 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse and are compatible with a wide range of mechanical keyboards and mice, wireless keyboards and mice, and multimedia keyboards and mice.
Q: Can I use the keyboard and mouse on multiple computers simultaneously?
A: Our KVMs are used to share a set of keyboard and mouse between multiple computers, and the keyboard and mouse can not be used between the multiple computers at the same time, but the sharing of keyboard and mouse is achieved by switching input devices. In display mode 2 (2 monitors display the different PCs), you can double-click [Right-Alt] to switch the focus of the keyboard and mouse. This way, you can control both computers without the need to physically disconnect and reconnect the peripherals each time you want to switch between them.
Q: What keyboards are compatible with your KVM?
A: Our KVM is compatible with most keyboards. Considering our KVM's dedicated keyboard and mouse ports are equipped with special hotkey chips, there are some typical reasons that may cause compatibility issues:
1. Some keyboard models use proprietary protocols that are temporarily incompatible with the dedicated ports on our KVM.
2. Certain keyboard models, when plugged into the dedicated ports on the KVM, consume excessive bandwidth, leading to compatibility issues such as keyboard lag or key sticking.
To address these compatibility issues, we recommend customers connect keyboards that encounter problems when plugged into the keyboard and mouse dedicated ports on the KVM to the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports on the KVM. The USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports do not have the built-in special chips found in the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports. Plugging your keyboard into the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports effectively treats it as if it were directly connected to the computer.
Due to the wide variety of keyboard models available in the market, our R&D department cannot conduct compatibility tests on every keyboard. Below are some keyboard models that have been reported as incompatible by customers: Dell KB813 (and similar keyboards with a card slot), Logitech MX series (some of which cannot manually switch between Windows and macOS modes), Roccat, and certain Microsoft keyboard models.
You can also refer to keyboard and mouse models that have been tested and approved by our R&D department:
Q: Can the USB 3.0 ports on the front panel charge my computer?
A: The USB 3.0 port on the front panel supports charging functionality with a maximum output power of 7.5W. So, it is designed to charge only mobile phones and tablets and is not suitable for charging laptops or computers.
Q: What is Lock L/R Audio and USB 3.0 Focus Function?
A: The PKS0402A20 supports locking L/R audio and USB 3.0 focus. After the lock is turned on, the current audio or USB focus can be maintained and only the screen can be switched when switching; the audio focus lock and USB 3.0 focus lock are independent of each other, you can lock the audio or lock the USB separately. Only need to press the front panel keys to operate the audio or USB focus lock.
Q: What is Auto Scan Mode and how to use it?
A: The Auto Scan feature can automatically switch the display at regular intervals between the input devices that are powered on and connected to the KVM. As a result, any input devices connected to each port can be monitored without user intervention. Auto scan mode is off by default. You can turn on the auto scan mode through the front panel button, keyboard hotkey, infrared remote control, etc.
the front panel button:
1. Turn on auto scan mode: [Right-Ctrl] → [Right-Ctrl] → [Space]
(The default auto scan time interval is 5 seconds.)
2. You can change the time interval by setting it on the front panel or following the steps presented below: [Right-Ctrl] → [Right-Ctrl] → [+]/[-]
(This hotkey command can only work while the auto scan mode is activated. Press [Right-Ctrl] twice and keep pressing the [+]/[-] key to adjust the time interval continuously. Increase or decrease 1 second at one time.)
3. Press [Esc] to exit auto scan mode.
infrared remote control:
Q: How can I operate the front panel?
A: When you use the front panel button or IR remote to control the KVM, the LCD display will inquiry your target action, then execute the command according to your operation. The LCD interface in the figure above is the main interface.
Q: What is the Mouse Wheel Switching?
A: The mouse wheel switching method can quickly switch input sources by mouse operation, double-click the mouse wheel to switch to the next input port. The mouse wheel switching mode is off by default. You can use the keyboard hotkey command [Right-Ctrl] + [Right-Ctrl] + [F6] to turn on mouse wheel switching mode.
Q: How to switch the input source?
A: There are four methods to switch the input source: the front panel button, keyboard hotkey, mouse wheel, and infrared remote control.
the front panel button:
[1-4] button: Press directly to switch among 4 PCs. After switching, 2 displays will display the selected PC at the same time, i.e. display mode 1.
[A-B] button: Display selection button:
Directly press the button, then press the [1~4] buttons according to the prompt of the LCD screen to make the selected monitor display the selected PC. i.e. display mode 2.
(For example, if you press the combo like "A-1", and "B-4", the image of channel ‘Input A’ of PC 1 will be displayed on Display A, the image of channel ‘Input B’ of PC 4 will be displayed on Display B. The operation on the IR remote control is the same.)
Select previous input port: [Right-Ctrl]→[Right-Ctrl]→[PgUp]
Select next input port: [Right-Ctrl]→[Right-Ctrl]→[PgDn]
Select port by port number(i.e. the display mode 1): [Right-Ctrl]→[Right-Ctrl]→~
Switch PCs on different monitors separately(i.e. display mode 2):
Monitor A：[Right-Ctrl] → [Right-Ctrl] → [←] → ~
Monitor B：[Right-Ctrl] → [Right-Ctrl] → [→] → ~
Switch focus in display mode 2: [Right-Alt]→[Right-Alt]
Mouse wheel switching method can quickly switch input sources by mouse operation,double-click the mouse wheel to switch to the next input port.
infrared remote control:
1. Press the key [M] or [P] to select the desired monitor, then press the [1~4] button to select the desired PC to make the selected monitor display the selected PC(i.e. the display mode 2)
2. Directly press the [1~4] key to make the 2 monitors display the selected PC. (i.e. the display mode 1)
Q: Does the PKS0402A20 feature EDID emulation?
A: Yes, it supports EDID emulators in each input port to keep PCs always having correct display information. And the KVM will maintain EDID before and after switching, ensuring that the window you open stays in the fixed place. Press the "set/<--" key to enter the settings menu and enable or disable EDID emulators. The EDID emulators are enabled by default.
Q: Does PKS0402A20 support operation at a 4K60Hz resolution?
A: Yes, the PKS0402A20 supports 4K resolutions up to 3840x2160 (4K) @60Hz, 3440x1440@120Hz, 2560x1440@165Hz, 2560x1080@165Hz, 1920x1080@240Hz, and is also backward compatible. However, this model do not support 5120x1440p.
Q: I have an HP Prodesk 600 G6 which has 3 display port + 3 usba+1 usb c (no HDMI OUT), a Mag z490 tomahawk, I 7 10700k cpu, 32gb ddr4, nvidia geforce rtx 3080, an Asus vg27a (2560x1440) monitor, and an Asus mg279 (2560x1440) monitor. Application: Wanting to share 2 monitors, mouse and keyboard between 2 pc's. Not looking to have each computer use one monitor each. Your help is appreciated to enable me to make the correct purchase of KVM.
A: Based on your situation, our PKS0402A20 KVM is suitable for you. The PKS0402A20 can connect 4 PCs and 2 monitors with pure DP ports.
It is important to note that each computer will require 2 DP ports and 1 USB-A port and each monitor will require 1 DP port when connecting PKS0402A20. If your device lacks sufficient ports, you may need to purchase additional conversion cables and docking stations. Our package includes all the necessary cables required for the computer end. Any additional cables or conversion cables will need to be purchased separately.
To assist you in selecting the appropriate cables for specific devices, you can check the reference list below:
1. HP Prodesk 600 G6: two DP cables; one USB-A to USB-B cable
2. Mag z490 tomahawk: two DP cables; one USB-A to USB-B cable
3. Asus vg27a monitor: one DP cable
4. Asus mg279 monitor: one DP cable
Regarding whether the converter will affect the resolution, generally speaking, it should not impact the resolution. However, if there is an incompatibility issue between the converter and our device, it may cause video signal transmission issues such as flickering, black screen, or reduced resolution. We cannot guarantee it completely.
If you have other concerns, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Is it safe to use your KVM?
A: Yes, it is. Our KVM falls under the category of physical KVMs. It is designed specifically for switching and transmission of audio, video, and USB data. One remarkable aspect of our KVM system is that it functions independently of internet connectivity; it simply requires a power connection to operate.
Our KVM employs a direct data transmission mode, ensuring that no alterations are made to the transferred data during the process. Furthermore, it is important to note that the KVM does not possess any storage functionality, alleviating any concerns about potential data leaks. Essentially, our KVM serves as a dedicated device that not only ensures an absence of data exchange between connected hosts but also facilitates the shared use of a single set of keyboard, mouse, and display between two host systems, all achieved through a physically isolated switching mechanism.
Q: Why should I choose your products?
A: 1. We specialize in a variety of KVMs, including single-monitor KVMs, dual-monitor KVMs, and triple-monitor KVMs.
2. Our multi-monitor KVMs offer two display modes: dual-screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display the same input source) and extended screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display two different input sources).
3. Most of our products currently support high-resolution displays at 4K60Hz.
4. Our products come equipped with an independent audio interface and multiple additional USB2.0/USB 3.0 ports.
5. Convenient operation with multiple switching options (front-panel buttons/remote control/keyboard hotkeys).
6. Our KVMs are designed with keyboard and mouse pass-through functionality, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of keyboard and mouse devices.
7. Join our VIP membership program to extend the warranty period and enjoy significant discounts for trade-ins.
8. Enjoy peace of mind with our reliable after-sales service.
Q: Can I disable the buzzer sound on the KVM?
A: Yes, you can press the hotkey combination: [Right-Ctrl]+[Right-Ctrl]+[F11] to enable or disable the buzzer sound.
Tips: The default setting for the buzzer sound is enabled; Repeat this step to enable the buzzer sound.
Q: Why can't I switch input sources by pressing [scroll lock]+[scroll lock]+?
A: Please try pressing other hotkey trigger keys to see if you may have accidentally set the hotkey trigger key to a different key. The default hotkey trigger key for the PKS0402A20 is [Right-Ctrl] and it supports changing the hotkey trigger key to [Scroll Lock] or [Left-Ctrl]. Please try pressing [Right-Ctrl]+[Right-Ctrl]+/[Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+/[Left-Ctrl]+[Left-Ctrl]+ to see if it works.
Q: How to change the hotkey trigger keys? Can I change it to any key?
A: There are three kinds of hotkey trigger keys for this product. The default is the [Right-Ctrl] key, and the alternatives are the [Scroll Lock] and [Left-Ctrl] keys. However, PKS0402A20 does not support customizing the hotkey trigger key to any other key. You can switch the hotkey trigger keys to others by:
1. Change the hotkey through the settings in the LCD menu on the front panel, press the [Set/⬅] key, and find the "Hot key" option to set.
2. Press the keyboard hotkeys to cyclically switch the control hotkey. The hotkey combination is [Hotkey]+[Hotkey]+[F1], you can modify the trigger hotkeys to which you want according to the sequence shown in the figure below.
Switch hotkey trigger keys to [Scroll Lock]: [Right-Ctrl]+[Right-Ctrl]+[F1]
Switch hotkey trigger keys to [Left-Ctrl]: [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+[F1]
Switch hotkey trigger keys to [Right-Ctrl]: [Left-Ctrl]+[Left-Ctrl]+[F1]
Q: I only have one DP port on my computer. How can I connect to the KVM?
A: Please kindly check if there are any other audio and video ports on your computer. Typically, computers are equipped with multiple audio and video ports. If your computer has alternative audio and video ports, such as USB-C (supporting Thunderbolt 3/4 or DP Alt mode), you can attempt to use conversion cables or adapters or docking stations for connection. If you're unsure, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Why do my keyboard and mouse not work at all?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please make sure your keyboard and mouse are wired type or with a USB receiver. Our KVM does not support keyboards and mice that can only be connected by Bluetooth.
2. Please check if each computer has a USB cable connected to the KVM, the USB cable is used to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM.
3. If all the cables are connected, please check if your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM; and whether you can't use the keyboard and mouse normally no matter which input source you switch to.
4. If so, please try plugging it into the USB 3.0 ports.
5. If the keyboard and mouse do not work when plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports, but work normally when plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, there may be compatibility problems between the keyboard and mouse you are using and the KVM or the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports may be damaged. Please contact our customer support center via the contact information in the widget in the bottom right corner of our official website and send your keyboard and mouse model number to our customer service, and we will make further confirmation for you.
Q: Why can't I use hotkeys?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please check if your keyboard is plugged into the USB 3.0 ports on the KVM. If it is, plug the keyboard into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM instead.
2. Try pressing different key combinations to see if the hotkey trigger has accidentally been set to another key. The default hotkey trigger for PKS0402A20 is [Right-Ctrl]. Please try pressing [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+/[Left-Ctrl]+[Left-Ctrl]+ to check if it works. Additionally, PKS0402A20 supports changing the hotkey trigger to [Scroll Lock], [Right-Ctrl], or [Left-Ctrl].
3. Check if your keyboard has a [Fn] key. If it does, press [Fn]+[Right-Ctrl]+[Right-Ctrl]+1/2 to see if it allows normal operation.
Q: Why can't I hear any sound when I plug my audio device into the KVM?
A: For PKS0402A20 which has a dedicated microphone interface or headset interface, the audio signal is transmitted via the USB channel. Please make sure that you have selected the correct USB audio device in your computer's audio settings. Typically, USB audio devices connected to the KVM switch are recognized as "USB Audio Device" on your computer settings (though occasionally they may be recognized by a different name). Alternatively, you can unplug and plug the audio device to confirm that the newly recognized device is the one you need to select.
Q: Why are both of my monitors displaying a black screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch all black screens.
Q: Why is one of my monitors black when I connect my device to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch Only one monitor can display.
Q: Why are one/both of my monitors displaying a flickering screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: What to do if the video output flickers?
Q: What should I do if I've lost the remote control for my KVM switch?
A: If you are located in the United States, you can purchase a replacement remote control by following this link: US. If you are in the European Union region, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Does the product have a factory reset function?
A: The product does not support restoring factory settings. Please contact our customer service center if you have any problems.
Q: Does the product support firmware updates?
A: Currently, our products do not have firmware updates available. If you are experiencing any issues, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance through the bottom right popup widget of our official website.
Q: Does the product support 7*24 hours of work?
A: Our product supports continuous power-on and operation. However, to extend the lifespan of the KVM, we will recommend customers turn off the power when not in use. If you require the KVM to stay on continuously, we suggest ensuring a stable power supply environment and regularly checking the KVM's status.