Q: How do I connect my devices to the HKV0402A1U?
A: There are two KVM cables (each consisting of an HDMI cable and a USB cable) and two VGA cables in the product packaging. When connecting your devices to KVM, each computer should be connected to KVM using one KVM cable (each consisting of an HDMI cable and a USB cable) and an additional VGA cable. Each monitor should be connected to KVM using an HDMI cable.
Q: How many display modes are available for HKV0402A1U?
A: The HKV0402A1U KVM offers 1 display mode. You can choose to implement 2-screen extended display or duplicate display on 2 monitors. It doesn't support displaying content from two different computers on two separate monitors simultaneously.
Q: How should I connect my keyboard and mouse?
A: Inside the package, you will find two KVM cables, along with two VGA cables. Each KVM cable consists of an HDMI cable and a USB cable. The USB-A to USB-B cable is connected to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM, which enables the keyboard and mouse to control computers normally. Simply connect the USB A end of the cables to their respective computers and insert the USB B end into the KVM. Then, you can connect your keyboard and mouse to the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM.
Q: Does HKV0402A1U support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?
A: This model does not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and all our KVMs do not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but they all support 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse and are compatible with a wide range of mechanical keyboards and mice, wireless keyboards and mice, and multimedia keyboards and mice.
Q: What keyboards are compatible with your KVM?
A: Our KVM is compatible with most keyboards. Considering our KVM's dedicated keyboard and mouse ports are equipped with special hotkey chips, there are some typical reasons that may cause compatibility issues:
1. Some keyboard models use proprietary protocols that are temporarily incompatible with the dedicated ports on our KVM.
2. Certain keyboard models, when plugged into the dedicated ports on the KVM, consume excessive bandwidth, leading to compatibility issues such as keyboard lag or key sticking.
To address these compatibility issues, we recommend customers connect keyboards that encounter problems when plugged into the keyboard and mouse dedicated ports on the KVM to the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports on the KVM. The USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports do not have the built-in special chips found in the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports. Plugging your keyboard into the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports effectively treats it as if it were directly connected to the computer.
Due to the wide variety of keyboard models available in the market, our R&D department cannot conduct compatibility tests on every keyboard. Below are some keyboard models that have been reported as incompatible by customers: Dell KB813 (and similar keyboards with a card slot), Logitech MX series (some of which cannot manually switch between Windows and macOS modes), Roccat, and certain Microsoft keyboard models.
You can also refer to keyboard and mouse models that have been tested and approved by our R&D department:
Q: How do I switch the input sources?
A: There are three methods to switch and control the input sources: the front panel button, keyboard hotkey, and infrared remote control.
the front panel button:
Press the button "SW" to switch input sources.
Select port by port number: [Scroll Lock]→[Scroll Lock]→/
infrared remote control:
Press button "1" to switch to input 1
Press button "2" to switch to input 2
Q: Does the HKV0402A1U feature EDID emulation?
A: Yes, it supports EDID emulators in each input port to keep PCs always having correct display information, and prevent display setting changes while switching input ports.
Q: Does HKV0402A1U support operation at a 4K60Hz resolution?
A: Yes, for HDMI, it supports 4K@60Hz. But for VGA, it supports 1080P@60Hz. However, this model do not support 5120x1440p.
Q: Does HKV0402A1U support pass-through mode?
A: Yes, it does. Pass-through mode is a built-in function of KVM, which is able to improve keyboard and mouse compatibility and enhance user experience. In the pass-through mode, the keyboard and mouse are equivalent to directly connecting to the computer. At this time, you can use more keyboard and mouse functions and special functions that are not supported by traditional KVM.
Q: I need a KVM switch that Allows 2 HDMI monitors, 1 USB keyboard, 1 USB mouse, 1 USB webcam, 1 USB speakerphone To connect to 1 desktop (HDMI and VGA ports or USB) and 1 laptop which has 2 type c ports and 2 USB ports and HDMI port. Which model can you recommend? The monitors are Samsung 27-inch Super Slim Curved Monitor LC27F390FHEXXS | VA Panel | 60Hz Refresh Rate.
A: Based on your situation, we have HKV0402A1U KVM which could meet your demands.
It is important to note that each computer will require 1 HDMI port, 1 VGA port, and 1 USB-A port and each monitor will require 1 HDMI port when connecting HKV0402A1U. If your device lacks sufficient ports, you may need to purchase additional conversion cables and docking stations. Our package includes all the necessary cables required for the computer end. Any additional cables or conversion cables will need to be purchased separately.
To assist you in selecting the appropriate cables for specific devices, you can check the reference list below:
1. desktop: one HDMI cable; one VGA cable; one USB-A to USB-B cable
2. laptop: one HDMI cable; one USB-C to VGA conversion cable; one USB-A to USB-B cable
3. Samsung monitors: one HDMI cable EACH
Regarding whether the converter will affect the resolution, generally speaking, it should not impact the resolution. However, if there is an incompatibility issue between the converter and our device, it may cause video signal transmission issues such as flickering, black screen, or reduced resolution. We cannot guarantee it completely.
If you have other concerns, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Is it safe to use your KVM?
A: Yes, it is. Our KVM falls under the category of physical KVMs. It is designed specifically for switching and transmission of audio, video, and USB data. One remarkable aspect of our KVM system is that it functions independently of internet connectivity; it simply requires a power connection to operate.
Our KVM employs a direct data transmission mode, ensuring that no alterations are made to the transferred data during the process. Furthermore, it is important to note that the KVM does not possess any storage functionality, alleviating any concerns about potential data leaks. Essentially, our KVM serves as a dedicated device that not only ensures an absence of data exchange between connected hosts but also facilitates the shared use of a single set of keyboard, mouse, and display between two host systems, all achieved through a physically isolated switching mechanism.
Q: Why should I choose your products?
A: 1. We specialize in a variety of KVMs, including single-monitor KVMs, dual-monitor KVMs, and triple-monitor KVMs.
2. Our multi-monitor KVMs offer two display modes: dual-screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display the same input source) and extended screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display two different input sources).
3. Most of our products currently support high-resolution displays at 4K60Hz.
4. Our products come equipped with an independent audio interface and multiple additional USB2.0/USB 3.0 ports.
5. Convenient operation with multiple switching options (front-panel buttons/remote control/keyboard hotkeys).
6. Our KVMs are designed with keyboard and mouse pass-through functionality, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of keyboard and mouse devices.
7. Join our VIP membership program to extend the warranty period and enjoy significant discounts for trade-ins.
8. Enjoy peace of mind with our reliable after-sales service.
Q: How to Use: Quick Start with Influencer Videos.
A: You can learn more about the HKV0402A1U by the following link: TESmart 4x2 dual KVM 2 0 HDMI+VGA Black *Review*
Q: Can I disable the buzzer sound on the KVM?
A: Yes, you can press the hotkey combination: [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+[F11] to enable or disable the buzzer sound.
Q: Why can't I switch input sources by pressing [scroll lock]+[scroll lock]+?
A: Please try pressing other hotkey trigger keys to see if you may have accidentally set the hotkey trigger key to a different key. The default hotkey trigger key for the HKV0402A1U is [Scroll Lock] and it supports changing the hotkey trigger key to [Right-Ctrl]. Please try pressing [Right Ctrl]+[Right Ctrl]+/ [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+ to see if it works.
Q: How to change the hotkey trigger keys? Can I change it to any key?
A: There are two kinds of hotkey trigger keys for this product. The default is the [Scroll Lock] key, and the alternative is the [Right-Ctrl] key. However, HKV0402A1U does not support customizing the hotkey trigger key to any other key. You can switch the hotkey trigger keys to others by:
1. Press and keep holding the [SW] button on the front panel until you hear the buzzer beeping, then restart KVM.
2. Press [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+[F1], and you will switch the hotkey trigger key to [Right Ctrl].
Vice versa, press [Right Ctrl]+[Right Ctrl]+[F1], and you will switch the hotkey trigger key to [Scroll Lock].
Q: I only have one HDMI port and no VGA port on my computer. How can I connect to the KVM?
A: Please kindly check if there are any other audio and video ports on your computer. Typically, computers are equipped with multiple audio and video ports. If your computer has other audio and video ports such as USB-C, DP, etc., you can try using conversion cables, adapters, or docking stations for the connection. If you're unsure, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Why do my keyboard and mouse not work at all?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please make sure your keyboard and mouse are wired type or with a USB receiver. Our KVM does not support keyboards and mice that can only be connected by Bluetooth.
2. Please check if each computer has a USB cable connected to the KVM, the USB cable is used to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM.
3. If all the cables are connected, please check if your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM; and whether you can't use the keyboard and mouse normally no matter which input source you switch to.
4. If so, please try plugging it into the USB 2.0 port.
5. If the keyboard and mouse do not work when plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports but work normally when plugged into the USB 2.0 port, there may be compatibility problems between the keyboard and mouse you are using and the KVM or the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports may be damaged. Please contact our customer support center via the contact information in the widget in the bottom right corner of our official website and send your keyboard and mouse model number to our customer service, and we will make further confirmation for you.
Q: Why can't I use hotkeys?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please check if your keyboard is plugged into the USB 2.0 port on the KVM. If it is, plug the keyboard into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM instead.
2. Try pressing different key combinations to see if the hotkey trigger has accidentally been set to another key. The default hotkey trigger for HKV0402A1U is [Scroll Lock]. Please try pressing [Right Ctrl]+[Right Ctrl]+ to check if it works. Additionally, HKV0402A1U supports changing the hotkey trigger keys to [Scroll Lock] and [Right-Ctrl].
3. Check if your keyboard has a [Fn] key. If it does, press [Fn]+[Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+1/2 to see if it allows normal operation.
Q: Why can't I hear any sound when I plug my audio device into the KVM?
A: For HKV0402A1U which has a dedicated microphone interface and a L/R audio output, the audio signal is transmitted via the USB channel. Please make sure that you have selected the correct USB audio device in your computer's audio settings. Typically, USB audio devices connected to the KVM switch are recognized as "USB Audio Device" on your computer settings (though occasionally they may be recognized by a different name). Alternatively, you can unplug and plug the audio device to confirm that the newly recognized device is the one you need to select.
Q: Why are both of my monitors displaying a black screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch all black screens.
Q: Why is one of my monitors black when I connect my device to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch Only one monitor can display.
Q: Why are one/both of my monitors displaying a flickering screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: What to do if the video output flickers?
Q: What should I do if I've lost the remote control for my KVM switch?
A: If you are located in the United States, you can purchase a replacement remote control by following this link: US. If you are in the European Union region, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Does the product have a factory reset function?
A: The product does not support restoring factory settings. Please contact our customer service center if you have any problems.
Q: Does the product support firmware updates?
A: Currently, our products do not have firmware updates available. If you are experiencing any issues, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance through the bottom right popup widget of our official website.
Q: Does the product support 7*24 hours of work?
A: Our product supports continuous power-on and operation. However, to extend the lifespan of the KVM, we will recommend customers turn off the power when not in use. If you require the KVM to stay on continuously, we suggest ensuring a stable power supply environment and regularly checking the KVM's status.