Q: How do I connect my devices to the HKS0802A1U?
A: There are four KVM cables (each consisting of an HDMI cable and a USB cable) and four HDMI cables in the product packaging. When connecting your devices to KVM, each computer should be connected to KVM using one KVM cable (each consisting of an HDMI cable and a USB cable) and an additional HDMI cable. Each monitor should be connected to KVM using an HDMI cable.
Q: How many display modes are available for HKS0802A1U?
A: The HKS0802A1U KVM offers 2 display modes. You can choose to implement 2-screen extended display or duplicate display or display different PCs on 2 monitors.
Display Mode 1: Display the same PC:
Display Mode 2: Display the different PCs:
Q: How should I connect my keyboard and mouse?
A: Inside the package, you will find four KVM cables, along with four HDMI cables. Each KVM cable consists of an HDMI cable and a USB cable. The USB-A to USB-B cable is connected to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM, which enables the keyboard and mouse to control computers normally. Simply connect the USB A end of the cables to their respective computers and insert the USB B end into the KVM. Then, you can connect your mouse and keyboard to the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM.
Q: Does HKS0802A1U support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?
A: This model does not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and all our KVMs do not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but they all support 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse and are compatible with a wide range of mechanical keyboards and mice, wireless keyboards and mice, and multimedia keyboards and mice.
Q: Can I use the keyboard and mouse on multiple computers simultaneously?
A: Our KVMs are used to share a set of keyboard and mouse between multiple computers, and the keyboard and mouse are not used between the multiple computers at the same time, but the sharing of keyboard and mouse is achieved by switching input devices. In display mode 2 (2 monitors display the different PCs), you can double-click [Right-Alt] to switch the focus of the keyboard and mouse. This way, you can control both computers without the need to physically disconnect and reconnect the peripherals each time you want to switch between them.
Q: What keyboards are compatible with your KVM?
A: Our KVM is compatible with most keyboards. Considering our KVM's dedicated keyboard and mouse ports are equipped with special hotkey chips, there are some typical reasons that may cause compatibility issues:
1. Some keyboard models use proprietary protocols that are temporarily incompatible with the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on our KVM.
2. Certain keyboard models, when plugged into the dedicated ports on the KVM, consume excessive bandwidth, leading to compatibility issues such as keyboard lag or key sticking.
To address these compatibility issues, we recommend customers connect keyboards that encounter problems when plugged into the keyboard and mouse dedicated ports on the KVM to the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports on the KVM. The USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports do not have the built-in special chips found in the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports. Plugging your keyboard into the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports effectively treats it as if it were directly connected to the computer.
Due to the wide variety of keyboard models available in the market, our R&D department cannot conduct compatibility tests on every keyboard. Below are some keyboard models that have been reported as incompatible by customers: Dell KB813 (and similar keyboards with a card slot), Logitech MX series (some of which cannot manually switch between Windows and macOS modes), Roccat, and certain Microsoft keyboard models.
You can also refer to keyboard and mouse models that have been tested and approved by our R&D department:
Q: What is Auto Scan Mode and how to use it?
A: The Auto Scan feature can automatically switch the display at regular intervals between the input devices that are powered on and connected to the KVM. As a result, any input devices connected to each port can be monitored without user intervention. Auto scan mode is off by default. You can turn on the auto scan mode through the front panel button, keyboard hotkey, infrared remote control, RS232, etc.
The LED named "Status" on the front panel will be lit in different colors when the auto scan mode is turned on or turned off.
The front panel button:
You can press the [Scan] button to turn on or turn off the auto scan mode. The interval time can be set by[Set], [MIN], [SEC]as described below:
[MIN]: Press [MIN] to loop between 0~59 minutes.
[SEC]: Press [SEC] to loop between 0~59 seconds.
[Set]: After setting minutes and seconds, press [Set] to enter the final scan time interval setting.
1. You can press [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+[SPACE] to turn on auto scan mode. The default auto scan time interval is 6 seconds.
2. You can change the time interval by the following hotkey commands:
Increase or decrease auto scan time interval: [Scroll Lock] → [Scroll Lockl] → [+]/[-]
(1 second per step, the time is up to 250 seconds.)
3. Press [Esc] to exit auto scan mode.
Infrared remote control:
Enter the command "AA BB 03 08 01 EE" to turn on auto switching mode.
Enter the command "AA BB 03 08 00 EE" to turn off auto switching mode.
Enter the command "AA BB 04 09 mm ss EE" to set the auto scan time interval; mm means minutes (0x00~0x38), ss means seconds (0x00~0x38).
Q: What is the Mouse Wheel Switching?
A: The mouse wheel switching method can quickly switch input sources by mouse operation, double-click the mouse wheel to switch to the next input port. The mouse wheel switching mode is off by default. You can use the keyboard hotkey command [Scroll Lock] + [Scroll Lock] + [F6] to turn on mouse wheel switching mode.
Q: How can I operate the front panel?
A: When you use the front panel button to control the KVM, the LED display will display current selected input port.
Q: How to switch the input source?
A: There are five methods to switch the input source: the front panel button, keyboard hotkey, mouse wheel, infrared remote control, and RS232.
The front panel button:
[1~4]: Press button~ to directly select input 1~4. After switching, 2 monitors will display the selected PC at the same time, i.e. display mode 1.
[Output A]: Keyboard and mouse focus on the desktop of output A in display mode 2
[Output B]: Keyboard and mouse focus on the desktop of output B in display mode 2
[Output A]+[1~4]: After pressing [Output A], then press [1~4] to switch input sources of output A
[Output B]+[1~4]: After pressing [Output B], then press [1~4] to switch input sources of output B
Select port by port number(i.e. the display mode 1): [Scroll Lock]→[Scroll Lock]→~
Switch focus in display mode 2: [Right-Alt]→[Right-Alt]
(There are no hotkeys to switch and control the input source in display mode2.)
Mouse wheel switching method can quickly switch input sources by mouse operation, double-click the mouse wheel to switch to the next input port.
Infrared remote control:
[1~4]: Press button~ to directly select input 1~4 (i.e. the display mode 1)
[M]+[1~4]: After pressing [M], then press [1~4] to switch input sources of output A
[P]+[1~4]: After pressing [P], then press [1~4] to switch input sources of output B
You can achieve input source switching and control through our provided third-party control software or other compatible control software by inputting RS232 commands. The download link for our control software is available here: USER-TCP232-Test
"AA BB 03 01 01 EE": switch to PC 1
"AA BB 03 01 02 EE": switch to PC 2
"AA BB 03 01 03 EE": switch to PC 3
"AA BB 03 01 04 EE": switch to PC 4
"AA BB 03 03 00 EE": control output A to switch to the previous input port
"AA BB 03 03 01 EE": control output A to switch to the next input port
"AA BB 03 04 00 EE": control output B to switch to the previous input port
"AA BB 03 04 01 EE": control output B to switch to the next input port
"AA BB 03 05 01 EE": change active selected computer in display mode 2
Q: Does the HKS0802A1U feature EDID emulation?
A: Yes, it supports EDID emulators in each input port to keep PCs always having correct display information. (Note: this function is supported only in display mode 1)
Q: Does HKS0802A1U support operation at a 4K60Hz resolution?
A: Yes, the HKS0802A1U supports 4K resolutions up to 3840x2160 (4K) @60Hz, 3440x1440@100Hz, 2560x1440@120Hz, 2560x1440@144Hz(DSC), and is also backward compatible. However, this model do not support 5120x1440p.
Q: What is a DCCI port? How to use cascade?
A: It's used for product cascading to realize simultaneous display of 4 monitors.
Directly connect the DCCI port of first KVM switch according to above steps, in order to realize simultaneous display of 4 monitors.
The advantages of DCCI:
1. Achieve four extended screens.
2. Switching is available on both host and slave.
3. The slave only needs to connect to monitors and computers.
(Note: The slave does not support connecting keyboard and mouse for use. Computers need to connect 4 DP cables simultaneously.)
Q: What is an RS232 port?
A: Once connecting the RS232 port to any control termination, it's able to select the input sources by sending RS232 commands through our provided third-party control software or other compatible control software. The download link for our control software is available here: USR-TCP232-Test
Q: I have a Custom PC with NVIDIA 3060TI (has 3 DP and 1 HDMI output), Dell Latitude 7430 (1 HDMI, 2 Thunderbolt USB-C but I need one for charging, and 1 USB-A), a Nintendo Switch (1 HDMI), two Asus VP249 monitors. Specific usage is switching between the laptop and desktop, using both monitors for each at separate times, and then sometimes splitting with 1 monitor each to two different devices in each possible combination (desktop/laptop, desktop/switch, laptop/switch). Which KVM is suitable for me?
A: Based on your situation, we have HKS0802A1U KVM which could meet your demands.
It is important to note that each computer will require 2 HDMI ports and 1 USB-A port and each monitor will require 1 HDMI port when connecting HKS0802A1U. If your device lacks sufficient ports, you may need to purchase additional conversion cables and docking stations. Our package includes all the necessary cables required for the computer end. Any additional cables or conversion cables will need to be purchased separately.
To assist you in selecting the appropriate cables for specific devices, you can check the reference list below:
1. Custom PC: one HDMI cable; one DP to HDMI conversion cable; one USB-A to USB-B cable
2. Dell Latitude 7430: one HDMI cable; one USB-C to HDMI conversion cable; one USB-A to USB-B cable 3. 2x Asus VP249 monitor: one HDMI cable EACH
4. Nintendo Switch: 1 HDMI cable(connected to input A port of one PC port, and you can use it on the monitor connected to output A port)
Regarding whether the converter will affect the resolution, generally speaking, it should not impact the resolution. However, if there is an incompatibility issue between the converter and our device, it may cause video signal transmission issues such as flickering, black screen, or reduced resolution. We cannot guarantee it completely.
If you have other concerns, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Is it safe to use your KVM?
A: Yes, it is. Our KVM falls under the category of physical KVMs. It is designed specifically for switching and transmission of audio, video, and USB data. One remarkable aspect of our KVM system is that it functions independently of internet connectivity; it simply requires a power connection to operate.
Our KVM employs a direct data transmission mode, ensuring that no alterations are made to the transferred data during the process. Furthermore, it is important to note that the KVM does not possess any storage functionality, alleviating any concerns about potential data leaks. Essentially, our KVM serves as a dedicated device that not only ensures an absence of data exchange between connected hosts but also facilitates the shared use of a single set of keyboard, mouse, and display between two host systems, all achieved through a physically isolated switching mechanism.
Q: Why should I choose your products?
A: 1. We specialize in a variety of KVMs, including single-monitor KVMs, dual-monitor KVMs, and triple-monitor KVMs.
2. Our multi-monitor KVMs offer two display modes: dual-screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display the same input source) and extended screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display two different input sources).
3. Most of our products currently support high-resolution displays at 4K60Hz.
4. Our products come equipped with an independent audio interface and multiple additional USB2.0/USB 3.0 ports.
5. Convenient operation with multiple switching options (front-panel buttons/remote control/keyboard hotkeys).
6. Our KVMs are designed with keyboard and mouse pass-through functionality, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of keyboard and mouse devices.
7. Join our VIP membership program to extend the warranty period and enjoy significant discounts for trade-ins.
8. Enjoy peace of mind with our reliable after-sales service.
Q: How to Use: Quick Start with Influencer Videos.
A: You can learn more about the HKS0802A1U by the following link:
Q: Can I disable the buzzer sound on the KVM?
A: Yes, you can press the hotkey combination: [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+[F11] to enable or disable the buzzer sound.
Q: Why can't I switch input sources by pressing scroll lock + scroll lock + 1?
A: Please try pressing other hotkey trigger keys to see if you may have accidentally set the hotkey trigger key to a different key. The default hotkey trigger key for the HKS0802A1U is [Scroll Lock] and it supports changing the hotkey trigger key to [Right-Ctrl]. Please try pressing [Right-Ctrl]+[Right-Ctrl]+ / [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+ to see if it works.
Q: How to change the hotkey trigger keys? Can I change it to any key?
A: There are two kinds of hotkey trigger keys for this product. The default is the [Scroll Lock] key, and the alternative is the [Right-Ctrl] key. However, HKS0802A1U does not support customizing the hotkey trigger key to any other key. You can switch the hotkey trigger keys to others by:
1. 10 seconds after powering on the KVM, press and keep holding the [Set] button on the front panel until you hear the buzzer is beeping, then restart KVM.
2. Press [Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+[F1], and you will switch the hotkey trigger key to [Right Ctrl]. Vice versa, press [Right Ctrl]+[Right Ctrl]+[F1], and you will switch the hotkey trigger key to [Scroll Lock].
Q: I only have one HDMI port on my computer. How can I connect to the KVM?
A: Please kindly check if there are any other audio and video ports on your computer. Typically, computers are equipped with multiple audio and video ports. If your computer has other audio and video ports such as USB-C, DP, VGA, etc., you can try using conversion cables or adapters or docking stations for the connection. If you're unsure, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Why do my keyboard and mouse not work at all?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please make sure your keyboard and mouse are wired type or with a USB receiver. Our KVM does not support keyboards and mice that can only be connected by Bluetooth.
2. Please check if each computer has a USB cable connected to the KVM, the USB cable is used to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM.
3. If all the cables are connected, please check if your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM; and whether you can't use the keyboard and mouse normally no matter which input source you switch to.
4. If so, please try plugging it into the USB 2.0 ports.
5. If the keyboard and mouse do not work when plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports, but work normally when plugged into the USB2.0 ports, there may be compatibility problems between the keyboard and mouse you are using and the KVM or the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports may be damaged. Please contact our customer support center via the contact information in the widget in the bottom right corner of our official website and send your keyboard and mouse model number to our customer service, and we will make further confirmation for you.
Q: Why can't I use hotkeys?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please check if your keyboard is plugged into the USB 2.0 port on the KVM. If it is, plug the keyboard into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM instead.
2. Try pressing different key combinations to see if the hotkey trigger has accidentally been set to another key. The default hotkey trigger for HKS0802A1U is [Scroll Lock]. Please try pressing [Right Ctrl]+[Right Ctrl]+ to check if it works. Additionally, HKS0802A1U supports changing the hotkey trigger keys to [Scroll Lock] and [Right-Ctrl].
3. Check if your keyboard has a [Fn] key. If it does, press [Fn]+[Scroll Lock]+[Scroll Lock]+1/2 to see if it allows normal operation.
Q: Why can't I hear any sound when I plug my audio device into the KVM?
A: For HKS0802A1U, the audio signal is decoded from the HDMI channel and then output through the L/R ports. The reason why audio can not be output may be because the correct audio output channel is not selected. Multi-monitor KVMs only have one audio output channel corresponding to a single monitor that can output audio.
Please choose the name of the monitor connected to the output B port as the audio output channel. If there are multiple monitor names appearing, try selecting each of them one by one in your computer's sound settings. Please confirm selecting one of the monitor names as the audio output channel and seeing if the audio can be output correctly.
Q: Why are both of my monitors displaying a black screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch all black screens.
Q: Why is one of my monitors black when I connect my device to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch Only one monitor can display.
Q: Why are one/both of my monitors displaying a flickering screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: What to do if the video output flickers?
Q: What should I do if I've lost the remote control for my KVM switch?
A: If you are located in the United States, you can purchase a replacement remote control by following this link: US. If you are in the European Union region, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Does the product have a factory reset function?
A: The product does not support restoring factory settings. Please contact our customer service center if you have any problems.
Q: Does the product support firmware updates?
A: Currently, our products do not have firmware updates available. If you are experiencing any issues, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance through the bottom right popup widget of our official website.
Q: Does the product support 7*24 hours of work?
A: Our product supports continuous power-on and operation. However, to extend the lifespan of the KVM, we will recommend customers turn off the power when not in use. If you require the KVM to stay on continuously, we suggest ensuring a stable power supply environment and regularly checking the KVM's status.