Keywords: 2 in 2 out，2 Port Dual Monitor KVM Switch
Q: How do I connect my devices to HKS0202A10?
A: There are two KVM cables (each consisting of an HDMI cable and a USB cable) and two HDMI cables in the product packaging. When connecting your devices to KVM, each computer should be connected to KVM using one KVM cable (each consisting of an HDMI cable and a USB cable) and an additional HDMI cable. Each monitor should be connected to KVM using an HDMI cable.
Q: How many display modes are available for HKS0202A10?
A: The HKS0202A10 KVM offers 3 display modes, allowing you to choose between Dual Monitor Mode, Matrix Mode, or Thumbnails Display Mode.
Display Mode 1: The Dual Monitor Mode:
Display Mode 2: The Matrix Mode:
Display Mode 3: The Thumbnails Display Mode:
Q: How do I switch the input sources via the buttons on the front panel?
1. Press [Select] button to switch between PCs on display mode 1.
2. Press [A]/[B] button to switch between PCs on the corresponding monitor on display mode 2.
3. The indicator lights blue means the current PC’s main desktop is displayed on the marked monitor, it lights green means the current PC’s subordinate desktop is displayed on the marked monitor. For example, press [A] until you see the 1 LED is lit blue, which means you have selected PC1 Input A as input for Display A; press [B] until you see the 2 LED is lit green, which means you have selected PC2 Input B as input for Display B.
4. When switching individually, the default channel selection sequence is PC1 Input A - PC1 Input B - PC2 Input A - PC2 Input B. If one of the monitors has already determined the display channel, the channel selection of the other monitor will automatically skip the channel displayed by the previous monitor. For example, when Display A displays PC1 InputA, the PC1 InputA port displayed by DisplayA will be skipped when DisplayB is switched.
Q: Does HKS0202A10 support 4K60Hz or 5120x1440?
A: The HKS0202A10 supports resolution up to 3840x2160@30Hz 4:4:4 and does not support 4K60Hz or 5120x1440.
Q: Can the USB 2.0 port on the front panel charge my computer?
A: For HKS0202A10, the USB 2.0 port on the front panel does not feature charging functionality, whereas HKS0202A2U does support this function.
Q: Can HKS0202A10 set any key as a hotkey for triggering? How can I set it?
A: Yes, HKS0202A10 KVM supports Custom Hotkeys. The default hotkey for the KVM is [Scroll Lock]. If your [Scroll Lock] key has other functions defined, you can change it to any key you prefer as a hotkey.
Method 1: After the KVM is powered on, press and hold the [Select] key on the front panel for 10s until you hear the buzzer sound. Within 5s after the buzzer sounds, press any key you want and the buzzer sound will be extended, then the change is successful, and the hotkey takes effect immediately.
Method 2: Use hotkeys to make changes; press [Hotkey] → [Hotkey] → [F1], and you will hear a buzzer sound; within 5s after the buzzer sounds, press any key you want, and the buzzer sound will be extended, then the change is successful, and the hotkeys take effect immediately.
Q: What is Smart EDID Management?
A: The HKS0202A10 supports Smart EDID Management. When each PC is displaying on separate screens, with this function enabled, each computer can recognize both screens to ensure that your opened windows stay in a fixed position. When this function is disabled, each PC only recognizes the EDID of the displayed screen, and the window opened on the unselected screen will return to the displayed screen. Press the [Scroll Lock] → [Scroll Lock] → [F5] to turn on/off Smart EDID Management.
Q: What is Lock L/R Audio and USB 2.0 Focus Function?
A: The HKS0202A10 supports locking L/R audio and USB 2.0 focus. After the lock is turned on, the current audio and USB Focus can be maintained and only the screen can be switched when switching. The USB2.0 and Audio Focus are combined to switch.
Turn on/off the L/R Audio and USB 2.0 Focus Lock Function: [Scroll Lock] →[Scroll Lock] → [~] (If the buzzer beeps twice, it means the focus follows keyboard and mouse switching; if it beeps once, it means the focus doesn't follow.)
Switch Audio and USB 2.0 Focus back and forth between the two PCs: [Scroll Lock] →[Scroll Lock] →  (This hotkey only works when the L/R Audio and USB Focus Lock Function is turned on.)
Q: Can I use the keyboard and mouse on two computers simultaneously?
A: Our KVMs are used to share a set of keyboard and mouse between two computers, and the keyboard and mouse are not used between the two computers at the same time, but the sharing of keyboard and mouse is achieved by switching input devices. In display mode 2 (2 monitors display the different PCs), you can double-click [Right-Alt] to switch the focus of the keyboard and mouse. This way, you can control both computers without the need to physically disconnect and reconnect the peripherals each time you want to switch between them.
Q: Does HKS0202A10 support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?
A: It's a pity that this model does not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and all our KVMs do not support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but they all support 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse and are compatible with a wide range of mechanical keyboards and mice, wireless keyboards and mice, and multimedia keyboards and mice.
Q: What keyboards are compatible with your KVM?
A: Our KVM is compatible with most keyboards. Considering our KVM's dedicated keyboard and mouse ports are equipped with special hotkey chips, there are some typical reasons that may cause compatibility issues:
1. Some keyboard models use proprietary protocols that are temporarily incompatible with the dedicated ports on our KVM.
2. Certain keyboard models, when plugged into the dedicated ports on the KVM, consume excessive bandwidth, leading to compatibility issues such as keyboard lag or key sticking.
To address these compatibility issues, we recommend customers connect keyboards that encounter problems when plugged into the keyboard and mouse dedicated ports on the KVM to the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports on the KVM. The USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports do not have the built-in special chips found in the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports. Plugging your keyboard into the USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ports effectively treats it as if it were directly connected to the computer.
Due to the wide variety of keyboard models available in the market, our R&D department cannot conduct compatibility tests on every keyboard. Below are some keyboard models that have been reported as incompatible by customers: Dell KB813 (and similar keyboards with a card slot), Logitech MX series (some of which cannot manually switch between Windows and macOS modes), Roccat, and certain Microsoft keyboard models.
You can also refer to keyboard and mouse models that have been tested and approved by our R&D department:
Q: I have a personal computer and a work laptop. Is this KVM compatible with both laptops and desktop computers?
A: The KVM is compatible with the majority of computers. Compatibility with your computer is not typically determined by the computer's model but rather by the available audio and video ports on your computer. When connecting your computer to the HKS0202A10, each computer will need to connect two HDMI cables to the KVM to enable dual-screen functionality. If your computer does not have enough HDMI ports, you can check for other available audio and video ports such as USB-C, DP, VGA, etc., and use appropriate adapter cables for connection.
Q: Is it safe to use your KVM?
A: Yes, it is. Our KVM falls under the category of physical KVMs. It is designed specifically for switching and transmission of audio, video, and USB data. One remarkable aspect of our KVM system is that it functions independently of internet connectivity; it simply requires a power connection to operate.
Our KVM employs a direct data transmission mode, ensuring that no alterations are made to the transferred data during the process. Furthermore, it is important to note that the KVM does not possess any storage functionality, alleviating any concerns about potential data leaks. Essentially, our KVM serves as a dedicated device that not only ensures an absence of data exchange between connected hosts but also facilitates the shared use of a single set of keyboard, mouse, and display between two host systems, all achieved through a physically isolated switching mechanism.
Q: Why should I choose your products?
A: 1. We specialize in a variety of KVMs, including single-monitor KVMs, dual-monitor KVMs, and triple-monitor KVMs.
2. Our multi-monitor KVMs offer two display modes: dual-screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display the same input source) and extended screen mode (where both monitors simultaneously display two different input sources).
3. Most of our products currently support high-resolution displays at 4K60Hz.
4. Our products come equipped with an independent audio interface and multiple additional USB2.0/USB 3.0 ports.
5. Convenient operation with multiple switching options (front-panel buttons/remote control/keyboard hotkeys).
6. Our KVMs are designed with keyboard and mouse pass-through functionality, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of keyboard and mouse devices.
7. Join our VIP membership program to extend the warranty period and enjoy significant discounts for trade-ins.
8. Enjoy peace of mind with our reliable after-sales service.
Q: Can I disable the buzzer sound on the KVM?
A: Yes, you can press the hotkey combination: [Scroll Lock] → [Scroll Lock] → [F11] to enable or disable the buzzer sound. Tips: The default setting for the buzzer sound is enabled; Repeat this step to enable the buzzer sound.
Q: How can I set up this KVM to display to 2 extended monitors if my computers have only one HDMI output?
A: This dual monitor HDMI KVM needs to make 2 HDMI video connections to achieve dual monitors. If you only have 1 HDMI port, please kindly check if there are any other audio and video ports on your computer. Typically, computers are equipped with multiple audio and video ports. If your computer has other audio and video ports such as USB-C, DP, VGA, etc., you can try using adapter cables for the connection. If you're unsure, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: My laptop only has a type-C port, and I need a docking station to expand the video output options. Do you have a recommended model?
A: We regret that we cannot provide a direct recommendation for a docking station purchase. However, we can offer some guidance to help you make an informed choice.
If your laptop has only one USB-C output port, it's essential to consider the type of your USB-C port. Thunderbolt 3/4 ports support a maximum bandwidth of 40Gbps and can output up to two 4K@60Hz signals. We recommend verifying your port's capabilities.
For compatibility with our PAP dual-monitor KVM switch, we suggest purchasing a high-quality docking station that supports at least two channels of 4K@30Hz video signal transmission.
If you are uncertain about your laptop's specifications or compatibility, please provide us with the specific model of your laptop. This information will enable us to offer more precise guidance and recommendations.
Q: Why does my keyboard and mouse not work at all?
A: Please try the following troubleshooting steps to figure out the problem:
1. Please make sure your keyboard and mouse are wired type or with a USB receiver. Our KVM does not support keyboards and mice that can only be connected by Bluetooth.
2. Please check if each computer has a USB cable connected to the KVM, the USB cable is used to transfer USB data between the computer and the KVM.
3. If all the cables are connected, please check if your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the KVM; and whether you can't use the keyboard and mouse normally no matter which input source you switch to.
4. If so, please try plugging it into the USB 2.0 ports.
5. If the keyboard and mouse do not work when plugged into the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports, but work normally when plugged into the USB 2.0 ports, there may be compatibility problems between the keyboard and mouse you are using and the KVM or the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports may be damaged. Please contact our customer support center via the contact information in the widget in the bottom right corner of our official website and send your keyboard and mouse model number to our customer service, and we will make further confirmation for you.
Q: Why can't I hear any sound when I plug my audio device into the KVM?
A: For HKS0202A10 which has a dedicated microphone interface or headset interface, the audio signal is transmitted via the USB channel. Please make sure that you have selected the correct USB audio device in your computer's audio settings. Typically, USB audio devices connected to the KVM switch are recognized as "USB Audio Device" on your computer settings (though occasionally they may be recognized by a different name). Alternatively, you can unplug and plug the audio device to confirm that the newly recognized device is the one you need to select.
Q: Why are both of my monitors displaying a black screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch all black screens.
Q: Why is one of my monitors black when I connect my device to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: Dual/Triple Monitor KVM Switch Only one monitor can display.
Q: Why are one/both of my monitors displaying a flickering screen when I connect my devices to the KVM?
A: Please check by referring to the troubleshooting steps in the link below: What to do if the video output flickers?
Q: What should I do if I've lost the remote control for my KVM switch?
A: If you are located in the United States, you can purchase a replacement remote control by following this link: US. If you are in the European Union region, please feel free to reach out to our customer support center via the contact information located in the bottom right popup widget of our official website for assistance. We are here to help.
Q: Does the product have a factory reset function?
A: The product does not support restoring factory settings. Please contact our customer service center if you have any problems.
Q: Does the product support firmware updates?
A: Currently, our products do not have firmware updates available. If you are experiencing any issues, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance through the bottom right popup widget of our official website.
Q: Does the product support 7*24 hours of work?
A: Our product supports continuous power-on and operation. However, to extend the lifespan of the KVM, we will recommend customers turn off the power when not in use. If you require the KVM to stay on continuously, we suggest ensuring a stable power supply environment and regularly checking the KVM's status.